Makes about 1 cup
This rub will add flavor depth to steaks, ribs and burgers. Use for beef cuts that are well
marbled, rib eye, strips, ribs etc. Leaner cuts should use a marinade.
Apply liberally about one hour before cooking.
- 4 Tablespoons Sea salt, smoked
- 3 Tablespoons Paprika, smoked
- 1 Tablespoon Black pepper, large grind
- 1 Tablespoon Turbinado or brown sugar
- 2 TableSpoons Garlic, granulated
- 2 Tablespoons Onion, granulated
- 2 Tablespoons Parsley, dry
- 1 Tablespoon Thyme, dry
- 1 Tablespoon Basil, dry
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire, powdered (substitute dry mustard if needed)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Remove beef from the refrigerator and apply the rub liberally to all surfaces. Let rest at room temperature for one hour.
- Grill or roast as desired.