Enough for 2 Racks
- 2 Each Australian lamb racks, from Pilot, frenched
- 4 Tablespoons Peanut or canola oil
- 2 Cups Spicy Thai marinade, recipe to follow
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place a sauté pan over medium high heat. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove lamb from the marinade and wipe off any excess.
- Add oil to the pan and sear about 2 minutes on each side.
- Transfer lamb to the oven for about 10-12 minutes for mid rare. Internal temperature should be 125-130.
- Allow the lamb to rest for at least 10 minutes.
- 1½ Cup Peanut or canola oil
- ¼ Cup Lime juice
- 4 Tablespoons Basil, rough chop
- 4 Tablespoons Cilantro, rough chop
- 4 Tablespoons Mint, rough chop
- 2 Tablespoons Sriracha or Sambal
- 1 Each Lemongrass stalk
- 3 Tablespoons Fish sauce
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Marinate lamb racks for at least 8 and up to 12 hrs.
- Cut the racks into chops. Serve over red curry rice.